Class offerings and rules during the COVID-19 pandemic
Starting on June 1, Longmont Wado-Kai will be offering online ZOOM classes, outdoor karate, private lessons-online or in-person, and kobudo classes in-person.
We use ZOOM for online classes. There are three class offerings for ZOOM classes. These are the best choice if you are at risk or are not comfortable being with other people just yet. We will continue to offer ZOOM classes as long as there is a demand for them. Space in these classes is unlimted.
New students – please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the dojo (720)893-1331 to get a link for classes.
These classes meet at a covered parking lot at First Lutheran Church, just south of the intersection of 3rd Ave and Pratt St in Longmont. There can be up 9 students in each of these classes, so you must register for each class that you wish to attend! You can do that here
You will be required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing at these classes.
There are no bathroom facilities available.
Please bring water
Do not come if you have symptoms!
Private lessons can be online or in-person starting on June 1. Sign up for a private lesson here.
If you plan to have a lesson in person:
- You must wear a mask
- Please check your own temperature before you come to the dojo
- Your temperature will be checked again at the dojo
- Please bring your own water – there will not be water available at the dojo
- Arrive fully dressed for karate, the changing rooms will not be open
- Please wait to be invited into the dojo at your lesson time
- The student and a parent can be in the dojo during a lesson
Please check in with Sensei Arron – email@example.com – for detailed instructions for kobudo classes.